Weekly Express, 21 Feb 2019
Kia ora koutou Friends!
Hope the week has been going okay for you. Here is some info on current and upcoming St David's events, as well as news and requests.
This Sunday 24 Feb 2019
- we are having a church family picnic 11.30am this Sunday. No church service as it is the 4th Sunday of the month. So - bring your friends, neighbours, food to share and togs for water games. And if you have any extra shade (eg marquee) bring that too. It'll be fun!
- also - bring your thoughts on how to improve the 4th Sunday. Let Alison or Martin know your thoughts on ways to deepen our connection with each other and with our neighbours.
The coming month?
- 3 March (1st Sunday)- Libby leads. We have our brief AGM immediately following service to sign off on financials and Annual Report (usually over in 15 mins).
- Tuesday 5 March at 6pm - Shrove Tuesday (pancakes). Robinsons place for pancakes and toppings galore (bring some toppings!!)
- Ash Wednesday 6 March 7pm @ St David's - combined with St Bernadette's Catholic Church, and the Samoan Methodist who meet in our building.
- Sunday 10 March (2nd Sunday of month) - Alison will lead this first Sunday in Lent.
- Sunday 17 March (3rd Sunday) - Martin leads.
- Sunday 24 March (4th Sunday - no Church service - we meet in our favoured groups and invite neighbours/friends)
- Sunday 31 March (5th Sunday) - lead by Youth Group.
A few reminders:
- let's keep promoting the need to get money to Wayne for the housing project.
- thanks for your support of Trade School Kitchen. It is about to undergo a few significant improvements - not the least of which will be on the food side of things. Watch this space!
Thought for the Month:
"The best criticism of the bad is the practice of the better."
- Walter Hallenwager